Tuesday 17 April 2012

Writing Process5: Allan Ginsberg

I have to say a lot of my writing is deeply inspired by the current situation and people around me.
I can still recall the feeling of seeing the London Riot, student protest when I was in Berlin.  Also deeply moved by the Occupy movements, by the people's voices.

They are true poets, they write words with their heart, and that is the other reason why I am so drawn to the Beat generation.
Although I still can't fully understand Naked lunch and all its mise en scene in the novel, but Allen Ginsberg's HOWL is definitely the reason why I related to these writers so much. 

Seeing my generation express how they feel alienated from the society, and seeing all the people (middle aged) or who has a position in the society that claim they have no control over the insane situation when they choose to shut up. 



I tried to imitate Ginsberg's rhyme and thoughts and put them into my writing.  Also my idea not only came from the occupy movement, also from the reading of Angela Mcrobbie on the young labour, and infinite internships, David Gaeber's sadness of immaterial labour.
After reading of Adorno's dialectical relationship between art and economy, saying that the financial income is actually a very important factor which supports Art's autonomy.  Well, well, I am not too sure about that.

Although I do feel stupid of imitating his writing, but apparently that is how writers practices writing.
You are either born with the gift, or you try hard and harder and more harder to become a writer.
你可能不知道駱以軍重打了幾次張愛玲的小說吧





No comments:

Post a Comment