Thursday 5 April 2012

Writing Process 2: Monologue.

So here is the thing, that I started to do writing that contains three different time and perspective in the same writing piece that I am about to submit at the mid may.

One of them I have decided to make it as a monologue from the writer.  The content will mainly concern with anything the writer encounters or interested in, and wanting to put in the novel but feel struggled to put in the novel.

The reason that I started to use monologue was because the other day at a dinner party at my friend's in Leith Walk.  We started to read The Vagina Monologue by Eve Ensler.  I was deeply moved by such performative literature, also I started to think about all the stand up comedian that I saw recently, not like I have seen a lot, but it just seems that they are the smartest person in the world.


Monologue as the speech in the play that the actor address his/hers thoughts to either another characters, or the audience.  From researching Monologue, I remembered an event that I partly attended during our FAIR presented by my fellow classmates Joseph and Lia, The Soapbox, simply speaks, soapbox is people who have anger towards the society but there is no one to talk to, they would pick up a soapbox and place it at the corner of a park or some public space and stand up to make a speech of their thoughts out loud which appears in a lot of labour party speech, the content is usually very political related, and these people were sometimes being treated as maniac.

Later I came across performance poetry, Laurie anderson, and then I endding up in the Happening initiated by Allan Kaprow.  The performance piece is in Spring, 1957. The key elements in the performances were planned, but its welcome improvisation and participatory audience,

later came across the Zombie walk, which was seen related to the Happening performance.

video from Laurie Anderson - The Language is Virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment