Friday 30 March 2012

Mirror and the Self

It seems that the minimalistic has the obsession with mirrors, from this article from Frieze, talking about the exhibition 'My head is on fire but my heart is full of love" curated by Glasgow based curator, Toby Webster, and Will Bradley and Henriette Bretton-Meyer in Copenhagen, Denmark. 

Here are several photographs that dealt with mirror and the self, which reminds me of the exhibition ' Microstoria' that I co-curated with my classmates from Edinburgh college of Art last year. 

David Bowie
David Bowie and Mick Ronson.
Tomas Burr, 1995.
David Bowie
 

Tom Burr, Brutalist Bulletin Board (detail), 2001



  

Also came across this morning on "Individual mythology", and I was wondering what it exactly means, 
later I found an explanation on personal mythology which the swiss/German painter Paul Klee, has dealt with his personal mythology in his paintings.  






No comments:

Post a Comment