Friday 14 October 2011

Cascade Falls | CO2 Project Space





This friday, me and Lindsay, Yao-Lung are having a project in CO2, Edinburgh collage of Art. 
I will be acting as a curator with these two amazing artist/trash hunter. 


Lindsay's work to me are engaging with artificial world which people create to imitate the environment that can't be accessed easily, but full of certain charm so makes us desire to experience it or to being able to physically be part of it.  It is somehow very ironic how we can so easily being deceived by our vision, and our mind/ brain can easily make us feel that we are actually located where we dreamed of once we are convinced by the environment.  


It is actually very intriguing for me that although somehow we all have different personality, 


Yao-Lung's work is engaging with ordinary objects, there are a lot of unexpected combination between different material.  For this project, he chose limited space to present his works with specific philosophical thinking and good intend.  Every time when I see his work it always remind me of a japanese writer, Haruki Murakami once illustrate this kind of sensory experience in his proses. 
小さいけれど確かな幸 “  which means the happiness in your life which are micro but very certain.  


It is certainly a pleasure to work with these two talents, the installation is certainly a fun and cozy experience.  I think the curator's work is important within this cooperation, and working with artists is an rewarding experience, I get to know more about their creative process and I can experience more, also have more emotion with the work.  Even if I m not sure if I should stay objective when I viewing the artwork, but somehow I personally think by observing an artwork, once you start to consider its shape and pattern then you can never be objective, there is an natural connection has built up even if you try to deny it. 


It's all going to happen very soon.   CAN'T WAIT! 


Facebook event - Cascade Falls 


http://relay.eca.ac.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment