Wednesday 12 October 2011

FLESH & FLESH for Frankenstein

Flesh for Frankenstein (1968)

     Recently I came across, actually relaxing engaged with two film from Paul Morrissey.
It might be worth noted that both of them were being written Andy Warhol's Production, or Andy Warhol's FLESH ... sort type of words.

     It turns out is that Paul Morrissey signed a contract with Andy Warhol so that he can shot films in his studio and using his celebrity name as a mean of promotion.  He also using this promoting idea to help/ to promote The Velvet Underground.  Their cooperation was parted in 1975 when the artist choose to concentrate on painting and his artworks.

Flesh (1968)
     The dialogue in the film 'FLESH' to me is very much irrelevant.  It makes you feel very lazy, I would say it seems to be a perfect film for two arty people watching together and have some casual fling.  Or it was suppose to be in that way, you don't need a full engagement during your viewing, but the more important part is to being exposed under the atmosphere that might be seen as a reproduction of the factory.


      I remember i instantly brought into the world by staring at the same profile for about 5 mins, I began feel slight annoyed but then I realised that I don't actually have to take too serious. No wonder Valerie wanna shot him, because she was damn serious about her manifesto.  Oh but I keep forgetting that actually Andy Warhol has not even interviewed any of those actors in this film, so does the others.  So Paul morrissey is either really absorb Warhol's lifestyle, he actually doesn't care about the viewers, or even critics.  We don't need strong propaganda to tell us how to live or how to be angry.  Visual language has certain amount of intimacy and unspeakable power of communication power.  Words can't say how much I hate you, because our signifier can never as specific as our signified. 


Male Prostitution 

The male prostitution scene was the part fascinates me the most, I remember how the prank old man tried to pay loads of money to tell Joe pose as an athlete by acclaiming himself as a artist or actually showing.  It also remind me of another film 'Christiane. F', the zoological garden in Berlin, where the station somehow become a prostitution slot, whoremongers usually moving in a state of travelling.  Like a tourist somehow see the scenery, and then using camera to shot/ penetrate it.  Similar plots happened in Flesh for Frankenstein, these men they all have this beautiful but sadness appears between their eyes.  In mandarin I will call them "yōuyù" I get the feeling that I can never express it in english as although english now is the major tool for me to communicate in scotland, the distance between the signifier and signified is always much further than I can ever imagine. 


     There is one part of Flesh when Joe talks about how the society treat male prostitution, I wasn't even listen to it.  I get the feeling that these people just want to convince themselves what they were doing or what they have done is pretty much what they want or as a mean to achieve their goal. 
Since there is no universal rule neither an ethic value all the society will apply, I think it is basically about how this person want to position him/herself by finding a group of people shared the consensus, and then using this beholding value to convince other people by repeating such process. 


     I've made a clip in Zoological garden, somehow scene can never being reproduce as it has been done in Christiane. F.  The existence of  Museum für Fotografie  makes the place too clean and this station is no longer a place for lost soul to linger and keep warm. 
Flesh (1968)


Flesh for Frankenstein (1973)

At the end I post a video that I shot it when I was in Zoological garden, in the film that's where Christian usually go for finding her boyfriend who is a male prostitute.   She was lumping at the time because she took too many drugs and she injects herself in the toilet.  There were only taxi drivers and some immigrants were kind of standing there.  I suppose it was more lively when the thing was still on, now is just machine and noisy.


The smith apparently an very interestingly, like the combination of broccoli with soysauce (in so doing I hope to narrow down the broad sense of "interesting"), to choose this cover for their album!


No comments:

Post a Comment